CAD Engineer / Senior CAD Engineer
CAD Engineer/Senior CAD Engineer
Full time (Hybrid) Norwich
At Aquaterra Energy we specialise in providing engineering solutions and equipment to the global offshore energy industry – helping clients drive efficient and sustainable offshore operations from drilling and field development, to decommissioning, carbon capture and storage, renewable, and hydrogen projects.
We're looking for an experienced CAD Engineer/ Senior CAD Engineer to join our expanding team. You'll be delivering work against project plans within agreed timeframes and proactively drive the design process to conclusion on assigned projects.
At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
About the role
- Proactively drive the design process to conclusion on assigned projects
- Effectively manage the design project assigned, from project initiation to delivery
- Abide by all statutory requirements including those related to Health & Safety
- Understand and comply with your responsibilities under the Company’s policies and procedures in place from time to time, including all those relating to HR and Health and Safety
- Undertake any reasonable duties as directed by your line manager or Director of the business
- Delivery of work against a defined project plan within agreed timeframes
- Minimum HND in Mechanical/Structural Engineering
- Minimum of two years experience in offshore industry
- Experience of working with structural / finite element software packages.
- Experience with mechanical/structural design and in the offshore environment, both topside and Subsea.
- Experience with preparation and presentation of design packs for third party review and appraisal.
- Excellent Solidworks/Inventor Mechanical / Structural 3D CAD skills
- Excellent mechanical / structural drafting skills including preparing engineering drawings and assemblies and experience of welding symbols and GD&T.
- Enjoy design engineering and associated challenges with the desire to introduce new methods to improve customer orientated solutions.
- Training and development
- Private Health Insurance
- Matching pension contribution
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave + one day after one years’ service
- Option to purchase additional holidays
- Reduced gym membership
- Employee assistance scheme
- Long service awards
- Funded sports, social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Retail benefit scheme
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, religion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity status, disability or neurodivergent status. Our people are valued, respected and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential, to be heard, included and to inspire great new ideas, to help Aquaterra Energy build a fantastic place to work. We are committed to accelerating our efforts supporting inclusion and diversity in our workplaces and communities to drive change.