Salary up to £35k depending on experience
Full time, Great Yarmouth
At Aquaterra Energy we specialise in providing engineering solutions and equipment to the global offshore energy industry – helping clients drive efficient and sustainable offshore operations from drilling and field development, to decommissioning, carbon capture and storage, renewable, and hydrogen projects.
We're looking for an experienced Hydraulics Technician to join our expanding team at our Operations base in Great Yarmouth.
At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
About the role;
- Compiling documentation/certification packs.
- Ensuring primary use equipment remains in certification.
- Booking goods in and initial inspection of equipment to ascertain what remedial work/testing is required.
- Checking equipment requirements with the Project Engineers and ensuring all documentation is completed ready for dispatch.
- Dealing with the maintenance of hydraulic equipment and hydraulic power units.
- Dismantling, inspecting, reassembling and testing equipment within the AEL product lines.
- Taking part in FATs both at the AEL yard and at off-site premises.
- Operating the forklift trucks and assisting in loading and unloading vehicles.
- Using the company vehicles to make collections and deliveries.
- Reviewing all offshore procedures prior to operations.
- Supporting AEL staff particularly the Project Engineer, to deliver the offshore phase of projects
- Assist with delivering offshore services as part of projects: Preparing, redressing tools and equipment within the workshop (when and if required) & offshore including, but not limited to, camera systems, subsea disposable camera systems, various running & retrieval tools, tension rings, centralisers, gyro systems.
- Minimum 10 years previous experience in similar role
- City & Guilds /NVQ qualification or equivalent in a relevant Engineering / Mechanical discipline
- Good standard of English and Mathematics
- An unquestionable focus on Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- Good written and good oral communication skills
- The unfettered right to work in the UK, this role is not a sponsored role within our organisation.
- Training and development
- Private Health Insurance
- Matching pension contribution
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave + one day after one years’ service
- Long service awards
- Option to purchase additional holidays
- Reduced gym membership
- Employee assistance scheme
- Long service awards
- Funded sports, social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, religion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity status, disability or neurodivergent status. Our people are valued, respected and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential, to be heard, included and to inspire great new ideas, to help Aquaterra Energy build a fantastic place to work. We are committed to accelerating our efforts supporting inclusion and diversity in our workplaces and communities to drive change.