Piping Team Lead
Piping Team Lead
Fulltime (Hybrid) Norwich
At Aquaterra Energy we specialise in providing engineering solutions and equipment to the global offshore energy industry – helping clients drive efficient and sustainable offshore operations from drilling and field development, to decommissioning, carbon capture and storage, renewable, and hydrogen projects.
We're looking for an experienced Piping Team Lead to join our expanding Project Engineering department. This is an important role within the team, one that requires proactive engagement with Project Managers to deliver engineering support and ensure projects ae adequately managed and supported with suitable resource.
About the role:
- Ensuring that appointed Lead Engineers proactively engage with Project Managers to develop suitable project designs & documents.
- Plan, manage and oversee the design aspect of project scopes being performed by your team.
- Act as Design Authority for discipline area.
- Manage & provide updates on design project progress.
- Provide direction where required for design concepts and delivery scopes.
- Chair/participate in design reviews.
- Improve quality of design output including but not limited to, drawings, calculations, analysis, documents, emails, etc. Taking a lead to implement, support grow data management and data twin systems, within the discipline stream
- Ensure that robust design reviews are undertaken, within project deadlines and design engineering process requirements.
- Preparation, review and approval of technical documents, technical reports, calculations, CTR’s, quotations and tenders.
- Participates in peer reviews HAZOP’s and design engineering audits (in conjunction with QHSE department).
- Lead and motivate the engineers in your team in support of department project delivery.
- Lead and proactively participate in team meetings, seminars, reviews and project planning events.
- Ensure that the design aspect of projects are updated via the project reporting process and are proactively reported to the relevant Project Managers as well as your line manager.
- Keep up to date with industry engineering best practice and ensuring that any key developments are implemented to ensure the Engineering department is continually improving and developing.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers, taking personal responsibility for their work based and professional development.
- At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
- You will be experienced in the offshore industry (minimum 10 years), with proven project management experience in a design team.
- Have experience of topside piping systems in the offshore environment, both green and brownfield.
- Hold knowledge of applicable and related design codes and standards.
- Preparation of project delivery documents including philosophies, reports, calculations and drawings.
- Able to produce high caliber work on time and to high standard
What’s in it for you -
- Training and development
- Private Health Insurance plus Employee Assistance Scheme
- Pension contribution
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, with option to purchase additional holidays
- Birthday leave after one years’ service.
- Reduced gym membership
- Long service awards
- Funded sports, social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free tea/coffee/fruit