Process Team Lead – Platforms
Process Team Lead
Full time (Hybrid) Norwich
At Aquaterra Energy we specialise in providing engineering solutions and equipment to the global offshore energy industry – helping clients drive efficient and sustainable offshore operations from drilling and field development, to decommissioning, carbon capture and storage, renewable, and hydrogen projects.
We're looking for a Process Team Lead to join our expanding team, this role requires proactive engagement with Project Managers to deliver engineering support and ensure projects are adequately managed and supported with suitable resource. This is an important role within the department and requires updates on the design project areas, ensuring all documents, calculations and drawings performed by your team are undertaken and checked to best practice.
About the role:
- Engage proactively with Project Managers to deliver engineering support and ensure projects are adequately managed and supported with suitable resource.
- Ensure that appointed Lead Engineers proactively engage with Project Managers to develop suitable project designs & documentation.
- Manage & provide updates on design project progress.
- Provide direction where required for design concepts and delivery scopes.
- Chair/participate in design reviews, HAZOPs, etc.
- Act as Design Authority for discipline area.
- Plan, manage and oversee the design aspect of project scopes being performed by your team.
- Ensure all Documents, Calculations and Drawings performed by your team are undertaken and checked to best practice and any applicable industry, project, or company standards.
- Ensure that all design engineering tasks are undertaken in accordance with AEL policies and procedures and in line with ISO 9001/14001 guidelines/requirements.
- Develop and standardise departmental best practice, through continuous improvement. Involve the team though delegation of tasks (all engineers should contribute) and gain buy in to these procedures from all staff.
- Ensure that robust design reviews are undertaken, within project deadlines and design engineering procedural requirements.
- Preparation, review and approval of technical documents, technical reports, calculations, CTR’s, quotations, tenders, etc.
- Develop and validate a suite of in-house standard calculations, drawings and documentation to aid project delivery and quality.
- Lead and motivate the engineers in your team in support of business unit project delivery.
- Lead and proactively participate in team meetings, seminars, reviews and project planning events.
- Ensure that the design aspects of projects are updated via the project reporting process and are proactively reported to the relevant Project Managers as well as your line manager.
- Become company focal point for communication with the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE).
- Encourage and facilitate the route to IChemE chartership for your junior engineers.
- At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
- Qualified BEng/MEng in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years experience of Oil & Gas industry
- Experience with topside piping systems in the offshore environment, both green and brownfield
- Knowledge of applicable and related design codes and standards
- Experience of project delivery documents, including philosophies, reports, calculations and drawings.
- Proven project management experience in a design team.
- Piping and instrumentation diagram drafting experience.
- Proficient user of HYSYS steady state software.
- The unfettered right to work in the UK
What’s in it for you -
- Training and development
- Private Health Insurance plus Employee Assistance Scheme
- Pension contribution
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, with option to purchase additional holidays
- Birthday leave after one years’ service.
- Reduced gym membership
- Long service awards
- Funded sports, social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free tea/coffee/fruit