Project Engineer – Perth, Australia
At Aquaterra Energy we provide a complete range of offshore oil & gas engineering services to support operators, service companies and rigs. Our products and services include offshore structures, riser systems, riser analysis and our well start.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join our growing team based at our office in Perth, Australia.
The successful candidate will have the existing legal right to work in Australia
At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
About the role:
- To provide drive and energy for the completion of all allocated projects
- Ownership of project from project handover until completion, recording and resolving actions via the action tracker.
- To act as the project focal point and liaise with the Client, nominated 3rd Party bodies and all internal departments, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
- To identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff
- Define, manage and drive the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements
- Ensure AE financial management systems are current and reflect actual progress and forecast costs at an individual project level, highlighting significant forecast variations at the earliest opportunity.
- To understand the scope of the project(s) linking all parts of AE to understand progress and to ensure the project is on track to meet all correct “gates” (S.I.T & F.A.T., mobilisation and product release)
- The Project Engineer will lead “Project Kick Off” meetings with the design team and instigate or actively participate in Design reviews.
- Own and present to Directors reviews on Project Progress
- Responsible for supporting Regional Manager Australasia with sales and business development for the AU/NZ region.
- Potential for infrequent travel throughout Asia, as agreed with Regional Manager Australasia
- Develop close working relationships with local clients
- Generate enquiries, follow up leads, ensuring good, accurate details are gathered and followed up swiftly and effectively.
- BENg/MEng Engineering (Electrical/ Civil / Structural) Formal Qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Relevant industry qualification / internal certificate gained relating to the off-shore environment
- Current Bosiet and MIST qualifications (or equivalent)
- Industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience of a relevant / or similar role with proven success
- Experience of successful client facing interactions
- Good IT skills Including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Highly organized and accurate
- Self-motivated, able to work independently at a high intensity and output rate
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, religion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity status, disability or neurodivergent status. Our people are valued, respected and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential, to be heard, included and to inspire great new ideas, to help Aquaterra Energy build a fantastic place to work. We are committed to accelerating our efforts supporting inclusion and diversity in our workplaces and communities to drive change.