Salary range £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Full time (Hybrid) Norwich
At Aquaterra Energy we specialise in providing engineering solutions and equipment to the global offshore energy industry – helping clients drive efficient and sustainable offshore operations from drilling and field development, to decommissioning, carbon capture and storage, renewable, and hydrogen projects.
We're looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join our expanding team. You'll be delivering work against projects and proactively drive the design process, engaging with customers and the team to deliver the completed project.
At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
About the role
- Proactively undertake design tasks assigned by the Project Delivery Manager/Design Engineering Manager including management of those tasks from project outset to completion of all requirements.
- Planning and management of allocated design tasks in line with the design engineering process
- To engage proactively with customers / clients and suppliers as necessary to undertake / deliver work.
- To update project activity via the project reporting process.
- Deliver engineering tasks in relation to allocated project(s), highlighting to the Engineering Director/Project Engineer/Manager and Design Engineering Manager, any identified variations to plan at the earliest opportunity.
- Take ownership, responsibility for and drive forward all technical / design aspects of a project.
- Collaboratively prepare URS documents for projects that you are responsible for with the Engineering Director/Project Engineer/Manager and Design Engineering Manager. Taking responsibility for its preparation, thoroughness and checking (in conjunction with the Project Engineer), ensuring this is completed in a timely manner to meet agreed delivery schedule.
- HNC in Design Engineering, desirable 2:1 in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Structural)
- Minimum of Three years experience in offshore industry
- Experience of working with structural / finite element software packages.
- Experience with preparation and presentation of design packs for third party review and appraisal.
- Design calculation and analytical skills combined with desire to research, test and challenge
- Experience with structural and mechanical design in the offshore environment, both topside and Subsea.
- Training and development
- Private Health Insurance
- Matching pension contribution
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave + one day after one years’ service
- Long service awards
- Option to purchase additional holidays
- Reduced gym membership
- Employee assistance scheme
- Retail benefit scheme
- Funded sports, social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, religion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity status, disability or neurodivergent status. Our people are valued, respected and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential, to be heard, included and to inspire great new ideas, to help Aquaterra Energy build a fantastic place to work. We are committed to accelerating our efforts supporting inclusion and diversity in our workplaces and communities to drive change.