Senior Project Engineer
At Aquaterra Energy we specialise in providing engineering solutions and equipment to the global offshore energy industry – helping clients drive efficient and sustainable offshore operations from drilling and field development, to decommissioning, carbon capture and storage, renewable, and hydrogen projects.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to join our growing team based at our offices in Norwich, Great Yarmouth or Aberdeen.
The successful candidate will have the existing right to work in the UK and a valid UK driving licence
About the role:
- To provide drive and energy for the completion of all allocated projects/project.
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with Aquaterra Energy policies and procedures and in line with ISO 18001/9001/14001 guidelines/requirements taking personal responsibility for all Quality, Health and Safety aspects of those projects for which you have responsibility.
- Act as the “go to person” for complex and valuable projects, providing expertise and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, specifically by liaising with the Client, nominated 3rd Party bodies and all internal departments, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
- Ownership of project from project handover until completion, recording and resolving actions via the action tracker.
- Undertake tasks as required as part of the Duty Manager rota, and provide holiday cover at management level for the existing Project Managers.
- To act as the project focal point and to identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff.
- Support Sales in the preparation of bids and quotations ensuring technical, operational and commercial aspects are addressed.
- Define, manage and drive the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements.
- Act as a mentor to graduates and / or project engineers within the team, developing their skills and competence to higher levels.
- Ensure AE financial management systems are current and reflect actual progress and forecast costs at an individual project level, highlighting significant forecast variations at the earliest opportunity.
- To understand the scope of the project(s) linking all parts of AE to understand progress and to ensure the project is on track to meet all correct “gates” (S.I.T & F.A.T., mobilisation and product release)
- Prepare project user requirements, documentation and manuals by engaging with customers, and taking sales (purchase orders) to a finale against an agreed specification.
- Lead “Project Kick Off” meetings with the design team and instigate or actively participate in Design reviews.
- Own and present to Directors reviews on Project Progress.
At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
- 5 years + experience of relevant /or similar role with proven success, including testing,load out, operations and service quality.
- Experience of client facing interactions
- Experience of offshore structures, drilling and subsea equipment beneficial
- Experience of operating in a offshore environment.
- Experience in financial forecasting in a project environment.
- City & Guilds/NVQ in a relevant engineering mechanical/electrical discipline or 2:2 (or above) in Engineering (Mechanical/Civil/Structural) or Mathematics or Physics.
- HND/HNC in Engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally and able to simplify information to distil and relate to others in written and verbal formats
- Training and development with support
- Private Health Insurance plus Employee Assistance Scheme
- Pension contribution
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, with option to purchase additional holidays
- Birthday leave plus one day, after one years’ service.
- Long service award scheme
- Retail Benefit Scheme
- Reduced gym membership
- Funded sports, social and charity events including corporate golf membership
- Cycle to work scheme
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, religion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity status, disability or neurodivergent status. Our people are valued, respected and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential, to be heard, included and to inspire great new ideas, to help Aquaterra Energy build a fantastic place to work. We are committed to accelerating our efforts supporting inclusion and diversity in our workplaces and communities to drive change.