AQUATERRA ENERGY WINS FOUR YEAR CONTRACT WITH DONG ENERGY
Aquaterra Energy, the offshore engineering solutions provider, has been awarded a four year frame agreement with DONG Energy to provide Drilling Installation Support Services for its Hejre development. DONG Energy is one of the leading energy groups in Northern Europe. Headquartered in Denmark and part-owned by the Danish government, it generated £8.1 billion in revenues in 2013.
The four year agreement includes the complete Aquaterra Energy product and service range, with an initial order for centralisers, cement top-up systems and cutting and tensioning equipment to the value of £500,000. Aquaterra Energy provides a complete solution approach to offshore drilling challenges and is known for its innovation in riser systems and minimum facilities platforms, as well as its specialist riser analysis service and extensive rental equipment range.
The Hejre oil and gas field is located in central North Sea, 300km from the Danish coastline, in license block 5/98. The development includes a manned wellhead and processing platform, and five HTHP production wells, all at a water depth of 70m.
Together, DONG Energy, which owns a 60 percent interest in the Hejre field, and its partner Bayerngas Norge, which holds the remaining 40 percent stake, will be investing more than £1.3bn in the development. The field, which is expected to come online in 2016, will considerably increase reliability of the oil and gas supply to Denmark.
Eric Doyle, Regional Director – Europe at Aquaterra Energy, said: “This significant contract is our largest to date with the Danish state energy company, which has worked with one other supplier for many years. Quality and service are particularly important considerations for DONG Energy in selecting partner companies, and we’re extremely proud to have proved our superior service and been chosen under its stringent selection criteria. We are sure that this will be the beginning of a fulfilling and enduring relationship between our two organisations.”