At Aquaterra Energy we provide a complete range of offshore oil & gas engineering services to support operators, service companies and rigs. Our products and services include offshore structures, riser systems, riser analysis and our well start.
We are currently recruiting for Project Engineers to join our growing team based at our head office in Norwich, Norfolk, England and Aberdeen.
The successful candidate will have the existing right to work in the UK and valid UK driving licence
At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to provide drive and energy for the completion of allocated project(s) from sales phase to project completion
- Monitoring of project cash flow to ensure that invoices accurately reflect the projects expenditure and current forecasting.
- Management of a variety of construction/engineering contracts with the ability to recognise, reduce and control commercial and technical risks in the project.
- Regular review of supplier relationships to ensure that accounts and timeframes are correct and true to project projections, expediting / mitigating any delays.
- Ensuring honest and open reporting of all technical, operational, contractual, claims, and financial related matters to the correct management in good time.
- Support Sales in the preparation of bids and quotations ensuring technical, operational and commercial aspects are addressed.
- Assist Operations in providing technical guidance where appropriate.
- Approval of Purchase Orders and Invoices in line with the project requirements/budgets.
- Checking and approval of detailed technical documents, reports and drawings linked to own project.
- Supervision of site work, including offshore, as required.
- Assist in Client visits/technical presentations as required
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with Aquaterra Energy policies and procedures and in line with ISO 9001/14001 guidelines/requirement.
- Ownership of project from project handover until completion, recording and resolving actions via the action tracker.
- To identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff
- Define, manage and drive the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements
- Ensure AE financial management systems are current and reflect actual progress and forecast costs at an individual project level, highlighting significant forecast variations at the earliest opportunity.
- To understand the scope of the project(s) linking all parts of AE to understand progress and to ensure the project is on track to meet all correct “gates” (S.I.T & F.A.T., mobilisation and product release)
- Prepare project user requirements, documentation and manuals by engaging with customers, and taking sales (purchase orders) to a finale against an agreed specification.
- Ownership of ordering material / services in good time to meet project requirements and to raise material enquiries and purchase requisitions
- At delivery/execution/commissioning of the project all “gates” to have been followed, project controls met and deliverables fit for purpose.
Investigate HAZID and HAZOP meetings (as necessary)
- At Aquaterra Energy we believe that all employees have the opportunity to contribute positively to our sales targets be it through direct client interactions or the provision of their work internally. An understanding of the sales process and customer focus is an expectation for every employee and therefore appropriate training will be provided and must be attended by all.
- BENg/MEng Engineering (Electrical/ Civil / Structural)
- Relevant industry qualification / internal certificate gained relating to the off-shore environment
- Current Bosiet and MIST qualifications (or equivalent)
- Industry experience
Essential Requirements: -
- Formal Qualification in an Engineering discipline from the following list:
- NVQ L4
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- BTEC Extended Diploma
- Holder of a full UK driving license
- Minimum of 2 years experience of a relevant / or similar role with proven success
- Experience of successful client facing interactions
- Good IT skills Including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Highly organized and accurate
- Self-motivated, able to work independently at a high intensity and output rate
- Training and development with support to reach “Chartered Engineer” status if desired
- Private Health Insurance plus Employee Assistance Scheme
- Pension contribution
- Life cover x 4 basic salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, with option to purchase additional holidays
- Birthday leave, after one years’ service.
- Long service award scheme
- Free tea/coffee/fruit
- Reduced gym membership
- Funded sports, social and charity events including corporate golf membership
- Cycle to work scheme
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, religion, race, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity status, disability or neurodivergent status. Our people are valued, respected and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential, to be heard, included and to inspire great new ideas, to help Aquaterra Energy build a fantastic place to work. We are committed to accelerating our efforts supporting inclusion and diversity in our workplaces and communities to drive change.